MOBOT S3 LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
MOBOT S3 is LTA approved affixed with orange seal and EN15194:2017 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
MOBOT S3 is an incredibly unique foldable ebike, built for city cruising. S3 is a foldable 20″ ebike with 5 assist modes, 7 speed SHIMANO Tourney drivetrain and concealed battery. Unlike traditional ebike designs where the bulky battery is affixed externally, the S3 battery is integrated into the lockable seat post to form a seamless look.
This electric bicycle is equipped with 5 assist modes and SHIMANO Tourney 7 speed drivetrain to provide an easier gear when riding upslope or a higher gear with cruising downslope. Utilising both the gears and motor assist will save the battery thus creating more distance per charge.
The MOBOT S3 ebike is equipped with a front bag mount and a rear rack for larger items or carrier. This makes the S3 bike the practical choice for city and food delivery riders.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The MOBOT S3 ebike frame uses 6061 aluminum which is commonly used for aircraft components. This type of aluminum has high strength and good corrosion resistance.
This LTA approved 20″ foldable electric bicycle adopts a bifold design for easy transportation on public transport and cars.
This ebike uses a 36V 250W DC brushless motor. There are 5 levels of electric assistance mode to choose from, depending on the riding condition. In addition, the S3 also comes with a 7 speed SHIMANO Tourney drivetrain.
The MOBOT S3 LTA approved power-assisted bicycle (PAB) 10.4Ah battery is integrated into the seat post.
This detachable battery is able to assist the rider up to 40 km per full charge.
This PAB uses 20″ diameter and 1.95″ wide tyres. Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city and also partially rough terrain use.
This ebike comes with a smart display panel that displays the speed, electric assistance level, battery level and distance travelled.
The MOBOT S3 electric bicycle uses front and rear disc brakes. In addition, this PAB comes with integrated front light (white) and rear (red) reflector.
Wheel Size: 20″ (406)
Dimensions: 1477 mm (L) x 600 mm (W) x 1142 mm (H)
Folded dimensions: 840 mm (L) x 500 mm (W) x 700 mm (H)
Frame: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 19.9 kg
Max load: 120 kg
System voltage: 36V
Battery capacity: 10.4AH
Drivetrain: 250W, 5 assist modes, 7 speed
Shift lever: SHIMANO Tourney SL-TX30-7R
Rear derailleur: SHIMANO Tourney RD-TY300D
Brake: JAK, mechanical, 160mm rotor disc
Tyres: 20 x 1.95 (50-406)
*Product specifications subjected to change without notice.
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
MOBOT S3 is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
4. PAB rider must pass ebike safety theory test.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).