DUALTRON Spider UL2272 High Performance E-Scooter
DUALTRON Spider is a UL2272 certified, LTA compliant e-scooter. This high performance e-scooter is thrilling to ride therefore not recommended for beginners.
The DUALTRON range by MINIMOTORS is a well known international e-scooter brand for off-road use. In fact, the DUALTRON Spider is probably the first MINIMOTORS electric scooter to have its weight and size tame for a daily commuter.
DUIALTRON Spider has 60V 1500W (peak) brushless motor x 2 (Total: 3000W), 17.5AH LG battery, dual disc brakes with ABS, and rubber suspensions.
Similar to most DUALTRON electric scooters, the DUALTRON Spider powers the ride with dual motors. Each brushless motor is capable to produce 1500W peak and 1320W rated. Therefore, this off-road e-scooter can handle steep slopes of up to 15 degrees gradient.
There are 3 modes to cater to different rides: Dual / Turbo / Eco.
DUALTRON Spider adopts the classic DUALTRON design and aesthetic. The stem is a solid piece that is effective for accurate steering. In addition, the electric scooter adopts a mountain bike style carbon fibre handlebar for a wide grip. Therefore, even at top speed, you feel surprisingly stable on the DUALTRON Spider.
This UL2272 certified high performance e-scooter can travel 50-70 km (ECO mode) on a full charge with its 17.5AH LG li-ion battery. Not to mention, MINIMOTORS has included an auxiliary port to connect to an external battery*. This is a welcome feature that riders who want to travel even further.
*In Singapore, installing the external battery will exceed the Land Transport Authority (LTA) Active Mobility Act (AMA) physical criteria – weight: 20kg.
The e-scooter comes with front (fixed) and rear (adjustable) suspensions. The rear suspension can be adjusted to three levels to suit different riders’ weight and terrains. In addition, the strength of the suspension can be modified to five levels by changing the rubber cartridges.
In addition, ground clearance is sufficient to handle most urban obstacles. Potholes, road debris, curb, uneven terrain are all easily overcome up by the scooter.
This UL2272 certified electric scooter comes with front and rear cable-actuated disc brakes with ABS and regenerative features.
Each DUALTRON Spider e-scooter is mounted with 10″ x 2″ wide pneumatic tubeless tyres. These cushion the ride comfortably and provide good traction on a variety of surfaces.
This off-road e-scooter uses the intelligent EYE display and throttle system designed by MINIMOTORS.
This UL2272 certified, LTA compliant e-scooter comes with 2 charging ports. The standard charger is a 71.2V 1.75A. It takes about 8-10 hours to charge from empty to full. On the other hand, if you use 2 chargers to concurrently charge up the 17.5AH LG battery, it saves up to 40% of charging time.
The DUALTRON Spider comes with front and rear lights. In addition, both sides of the stem also have light strips. Therefore you can be sure you will be seen during your night fun rides.
Electric scooters (e-scooters) are also known as Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs).
This e-scooter is LTA compliant and certified to UL2272.
The use of e-scooter in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the e-scooter regulations are:
1. PMD must be inspected by LTA authorised centers every 2 years.
2. PMD rider must be 16 years and above or under adult supervision.
3. PMD cannot be used on pedestrian pathways and roads.
4. PMD rider must pass e-scooter safety theory test.
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs);
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).
- 6 months (carry-in) under normal usage.
- Does not include wear & tear and consumable parts, not limited to tyres, brake pads, chain, sprockets.
- Others items exclude from warranty are paint, chrome components, polished surfaces, saddles and handgrips where deterioration may be caused by normal usage, poor maintenance or natural degradation of surfaces.
- Does not cover damages due to water/moisture, accident and misuse.
- Warranty may be void if critical components are modified or replaced with non original or non compatible parts.
- Not applicable for international orders. (ie outside of Singapore.)