DYU UL2272 Certified Seated Electric Scooter
DYU is a UL2272 certified, LTA compliant e-scooter. This is one of the most popular seated e-scooter in the market due to its overall weight, room for additional accessories and affordability.
In addition, it looks and feels like an electric bicycle (e-bike) thus appeals to existing bicycle owners.
At 13kg and slightly more than 1m in length, the DYU seated e-scooter is extremely portable. Not to mention that the designer deliberately crafted a groove below the holding area for a more natural carrying posture. It can be easily brought up to the MRT or bus.
The front stem is also foldable. After folding, it measures 0.2m in width. You can easily fit up to 2 units in a regular sized car boot. Though the DYU UL2272 e-scooter does not have suspension, its 12-inch front and rear pneumatic tires are extremely comfortable even on long rides.
The DYU UL2272 certified seated e-scooter is packed with a whole lot of cool features such as electric horn, App support, front light, rear braking light, in-app self-diagnostic, cruise control and a lot more.
The slim and sleek appearance coupled with a quiet 36V 250W DC brushless motor is able to carry up to 120kg load.
* Product specifications subjected to change without notice.
From 1 April 2020, e-scooter will be inspected and registered with Land Transport Authority (LTA) before transferring the ownership to you. The $7 transfer fee is payable by the customer directly to LTA.
From 5 Nov 2019, e-scooters are not allowed to be used on pedestrian paths or footpaths.
As of 19 June 2019, the DYU (6AH) is certified to UL2272.
For more details on LTA registration, please refer to this article.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).