MOBOT FREEDOM 5S UL2272 certified electric scooter
FREEDOM 5S is a UL2272 certified, LTA compliant e-scooter.
The MOBOT FREEDOM 5S UL2272 certified e-scooter is one of the lightest 10″ front suspension at 15.5kg. This is because of its full magnesium alloy body which is lightweight yet sturdy. This e-scooter is built on the foundation of the successful FREEDOM 3S. The noteable improvements are the increased in system voltage from 36V to 48V and motor wattage from 400W to 500W. The higher voltage and wattage increases the torque thus allowing the e-scooter to travel upslope better and longer distance.
Powerful rear wheel drive
Powered by a 48V 500W brushless motor mounted at the rear tyres, the FREEDOM 5S is capable of conquering slopes up to 10-degree gradient. Rear wheel drive e-scooters have a push effect like motorcycles which gives better handling and comfort. In addition, it uses a 48V 10AH li-ion battery which can cover up to 35km on a full charge.
The well-liked 2 seconds quick folding mechanism used by previous MOBOT e-scooter is also adopted for the FREEDOM 5S UL2272 certified e-scooter.
At 15.5kg, this e-scooter is also suitable for daily commuting on public transportation.
With a 16cm wide standing deck, 10″ pneumatic tyres and seat option, the MOBOT FREEDOM 5S is one of the most comfortable electric scooter. Therefore this e-scooter is suitable leisure rides with friends and families.
The MOBOT FREEDOM 5S comes with front and rear lights to make sure visbility at night. It also uses rear disc braking system for a more responsive braking.
In addition, it is equipped with anti-theft alarm. As such, you can lock and arm the e-scooter using a remote control.
From 1 April 2020, e-scooter will be inspected and registered with Land Transport Authority (LTA) before transferring the ownership to you. The $7 transfer fee is payable by the customer directly to LTA.
From 5 Nov 2019, e-scooters are not allowed to be used on pedestrian paths or footpaths.
As of 26 Aug 2019, the FREEDOM 5S is certified to UL2272.
For more details on LTA registration, please refer to this article.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).