ZEBRA LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The ZEBRA is a LTA approved affixed with orange seal, EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
The ZEBRA ebike adopts a modern step-through frame design that uses a rectangular instead of the traditional round frame. This design is time tested and proven in terms of durability and ease of mounting and dismounting. Equipped with 24″ wheels and rear rack, the ZEBRA ebike differentiates from the rest with its LCD display panel with speedometer and 5 assist modes. This is probably the best pick for riders who are very comfortable riding on the road.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The ZEBRA ebike frame and handle is made of high strength aluminum. This LTA approved electric bicycle adopts a step-through frame which allows for easy mount and dismounts from the bicycle. In other words, the ZEBRA is suitable for food delivery riders who require frequent dismounting or riders with restricted agility. Furthermore, the step-through frame is safer because it allows the rider to step infront of the seat and rest both feet firmly on the ground.
This LTA approved ebike comes with a rear bracket which can be used to secure a food delivery bag.
The floor to seat height is larger than other similar ebikes therefore may not be suitable for riders with smaller builds.
This ebike uses a 250W DC brushless motor.
The ZEBRA power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery design. Therefore, you can extend the distance by having spare batteries or park the bicycle and remove the battery to charge.
The 36V 9AH li-ion battery is able to assist the rider for up to 50 km per full charge.
This PAB uses 24″ diameter and 1.75″ wide pneumatic tyres. Therefore this ebike is suitable to urban city use.
The ZEBRA comes with front and rear caliper brakes. This PAB is also equipped with a front light and rear reflector. In addition, there is a chain guard to prevent the clothing from entangling the chain.
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
ZEBRA (A5AH24) is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).