MOBOT VIRGO LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The MOBOT VIRGO is LTA approved, EN15194 certified, affixed with orange seal ebike (or electric bicycle).
Compact ebikes, 12″ and below, are rare in the market because food delivery riders find such bikes difficult to ride when the battery runs out.
But what if there is an electric bicycle with rear suspension that runs up to 70 km, approved to be brought onboard public transport and fits nicely inside the car boot?
The MOBOT VIRGO is a mini ebike designed for the daily commuter who wants to earn some spare cash in the evenings and enjoys a cooling ride on Saturday night.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The VIRGO (Y1+) ebike frame is made of aluminum alloy. This material is the preferred choice for lightweight, high strength and good corrosion resistance properties. The VIRGO is equivalent to the size of a folded ebike. Measuring at just 1.07 m, this electric bicycle can fit comfortably into the boot of any car or conveniently brought onto trains and buses.
Formed with high tensile aluminum alloy, its compact & robust 19.5 kg frame can withstand weights of up to 125 kg. The VIRGO can move seamlessly through the crowded areas and is a lift friendly transport device in the market. The VIRGO runs on 12″ wide tyres. This electric bicycle is ready to take on bumps and the most uneven surfaces.
The front of the electric bicycle flaunts a front headlight and rear chirrey tail light. You’ll never have to worry about visibility on a night ride.
LG BATTERY POWERED – Everlasting journey!
Powered by a 14AH Lithium-ion battery, the VIRGO has safely packed up to 70 km of range into the ebike. In other words, it has ample distance for your ride to work and back home.
In addition, the li-ion batteries go through strict quality tests to ensure your safety, containing a smart BMS (Battery Management System) that prevents the scooter from overcharging.
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
MOBOT VIRGO (EXPRESS Y1+) is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).