ROGI 16 Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The ROGI 16 is a EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
ROGI 16 is a mid step with straight bar foldable ebike. This ebike comes with 4 colours. Unlike other LTA approved ebike, ROGI 16 is the first ebike to come with a 6 speed gear.
In addition, the detachable 7.5AH li-ion battery, key lock, integrated front and rear lights and dual disc brakes are what makes the ROGI ebike one of the top choice in 2020.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB)..
The ROGI 16 ebike frame is made of aluminum alloy. This type of aluminum has high strength and good corrosion resistance. This electric bicycle adopts a simplistic and modern frame with the battery and controller concealed in the frame. The ROGI 16 adopts the traditional single vertical pivot folding type at its center. Upon folding, the ROGI 16 ebike measures at a compact 71 cm. Therefore this ebike can be brought onto public transport or easy storage at the car boot.
This ebike uses a 36V 250W DC brushless motor. There are 5 levels of electric assistance mode to choose from, depending on the riding condition.
The ROGI 16 power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery design, using 18650 high quality li-ion cells. Unlike other ebikes where you would need to fold the ebike to detach the battery, this electric bicycle battery is part of the seat post. Not only does this creates a sleek exterior, it also allows a balanced and comfortable ride as the center of gravity is placed in the middle of the ebike
The 36V 7.5AH li-ion battery is able to assist the rider up to 50km per full charge. You can extend the distance by having spare batteries or removing the battery to charge when resting.
This PAB uses 16″ diameter and 1.95″ wide pneumatic (tubeless) sports tyres (without spokes). Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city and also partially rough terrain use.
This ebike comes with a display panel that displays the speed, electric assistance level, battery level and distance travelled.
The ROGI 16 electric bicycle uses front and rear disc brakes. This PAB is also equipped with front light (white) and rear light (red).
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
ROGI 16 is pending type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).