OCRA EN15194 Electric Bicycle (ebike) | MOBOT
OCRA is a EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
OCRA is the first (LTA type approval pending) EN15194 certified 48V fat tyre long distance ebike. Using SAMSUNG battery cell, this ebike can travel up to 90 km on a full charge. Constructed using 6061 aluminum and uses 16″ x 3″ tyres with sports rim, the OCRA is designed for those who want to ride through the city in style, fat tyre style.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The OCRA ebike frame uses 6061 aluminum which is commonly used for aircraft components. This type of aluminum has high strength and good corrosion resistance.
This fat tyre electric bicycle adopts a simplistic and modern frame. Adopting the traditional single vertical pivot folding mechanism at the center, the OCRA only measures at 80cm when folded. Therefore this EN15194 ebike is suitable for public transport or storage inside car boot.
In addition, the OCRA fat tyre ebike has a built-in rear rack to provide additional space to carry lightweight items.
Note: The rear rack can withstand load up to 15kg.
This ebike uses a 48V 240W DC geared motor. There are 5 levels of electric assistance mode to choose from, depending on the riding condition.
Geared motor offers better torque for starting and climbing
The OCRA power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery with key lock design, using 18650 SAMSUNG cells. Unlike traditional battery connectors using a cable, the battery slides down firmly onto the connector under its own weight. As a result, the connection is more secured.
The 48V 14AH SAMSUNG li-ion battery is able to assist the rider up to 90km per full charge.
This PAB uses 16″ diameter and 3″ wide pneumatic knobby tyres with sports rim (without spokes). Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city and also partially rough terrain use.
This ebike comes with a display panel that displays the speed, electric assistance level, battery level and distance travelled.
The OCRA electric bicycle uses front and rear disc brakes. In addition, this PAB comes with integrated front light (white) and rear light (red).
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
OCRA is pending type approval by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).