KUDU LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The KUDU is a LTA approved affixed with orange seal, EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
The KUDU adopts a modern step through frame design. Step through design is a time tested and proven in terms of durability and ease of mounting and dismounting. Equipped with 20″ wheels and rear rack, the KUDU ebike is the best pick for most riders in terms of affordability and usefulness.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The KUDU ebike frame and handle is made of high strength aluminum. This LTA approved electric bicycle adopts a modern step through frame which allows for easy mount and dismount from the bicycle. In other words, the KUDU is suitable for food delivery riders who require frequent dismounting or riders with restricted agility. Furthermore, step through frame is safer because it allows the rider to step infront of the seat and rest both feet firmly on the ground.
This LTA approved ebike comes with a rear bracket which can be used to mount a seat cushion or food delivery bag.
This ebike uses a 250W DC brushless motor.
The KUDU power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery design. Therefore, you can extend the distance by having spare batteries or park the bicycle and remove the battery to charge.
The 36V 10AH li-ion battery is able to assist the rider for up to 60km per full charge.
This PAB uses 20″ diameter and 1.75″ wide pneumatic tyres. Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city use.
The KUDU electric bicycle uses front caliper and rear drum brakes. This PAB is also equipped with key lock, front and rear light, and electronic horn. In addition, there is a chain guard to prevent the clothing from entangling the chain.
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
KUDU (PAB-20-01) is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).