JI-MOVE MC LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The JI-MOVE MC is a LTA approved, affixed with orange seal, EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
The JI-MOVE MC is the most compact long distance LTA approved ebike, using LG battery cell, this ebike can travel up to 110 km on a full charge. Constructed using 6061 aluminum and uses 14″ tyres with sports rim, the JI-MOVE MC is designed for food delivery riders.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The JI-MOVE MC ebike frame is made of 6061 aluminum which is commonly used for aircraft components. This type of aluminum has high strength and good corrosion resistance.
This LTA approved electric bicycle adopts a simplistic and modern frame. Adopting the traditional single vertical pivot folding mechanism at the center, the JI-MOVE MC only measures at 75 cm. Therefore this LTA approved ebike is suitable for public transport or storage.
In addition, the JI-MOVE MC has a built-in rear rack with cushion to provide additional space to carry lightweight items.
Note: The rear rack with cushion can withstand load up to 10 kg.
This ebike uses a 36V 250W DC brushless motor. There are 5 levels of electric assistance mode to choose from, depending on the riding condition.
The JI-MOVE MC power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery with key lock design, using 18650 LG cells. Unlike traditional battery connectors using a cable, the battery connector is attached directly to the battery for better waterproofing and connection.
The 36V 20.8AH LG li-ion battery is able to assist the rider up to 110 km per full charge.
This PAB uses 14″ diameter and 1.95″ wide pneumatic tyres with sports rim (without spokes). Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city and also partially rough terrain use.
This ebike comes with a display panel that displays the speed, electric assistance level, battery level and distance travelled.
The JI-MOVE MC electric bicycle uses front and rear disc brakes. This PAB is also equipped with front light (white) and rear light (red).
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
JI-MOVE MC is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).