JI-MOVE LC LTA approved Electric Bicycle (ebike)
The JI-MOVE LC is a LTA approved, affixed with orange seal, EN15194 certified ebike (or electric bicycle).
The JI-MOVE LC is the smallest and most compact LTA approved ebike, using LG MH1 3300mAh battery cell. Constructed using 6061 aluminum and uses 14″ tubeless tyres with sports rim, the JI-MOVE LC is the top choice for the daily commuter.
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
The JI-MOVE LC ebike frame is made of 6061 aluminum which is commonly used for aircraft components. This type of aluminum has high strength and good corrosion resistance. This LTA approved electric bicycle adopts a simplistic and modern frame. Unlike other foldable bicycles that need to fold at the center to minimise the length, the JI-MOVE LC only measures at 126cm. Therefore you only need to fold down the handlebar stem when transiting to public transport or storage. In addition, a small rack (optional) can be mounted on the rear to provide additional space to carry light weight items.
Note: The rear rack and its mountings can withstand load up to 8kg.
This ebike uses a 36V 250W DC brushless motor. There are 5 levels of electric assistance mode to choose from, depending on the riding condition.
The JI-MOVE LC power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery design, using 18650 LG MH1 3300mAh cells. Unlike other ebikes where you would need to fold the ebike or remove the seat to detach the battery, this electric bicycle battery is conveniently mounted on the top tube. As such, you can swap the battery while remaining seated on the bicycle.
The 36V 9.9AH LG li-ion battery is able to assist the rider up to 60km per full charge. You can extend the distance by having spare batteries or removing the battery to charge when resting.
This PAB uses 14″ diameter and 2.125″ wide pneumatic (tubeless) sports tyres (without spokes). Therefore this ebike is suitable for urban city and also partially rough terrain use.
This ebike comes with a display panel that displays the speed, electric assistance level, battery level and distance travelled.
The JI-MOVE LC electric bicycle uses front and rear disc brakes. This PAB is also equipped with front light (white) and rear light (red).
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
JI-MOVE LC is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important ebike regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
LTA advisory message:
If you intend to ride a bicycle, PAB or PMD on any public path, please ensure that the device meets the following criteria before riding:
- Must be registered with LTA (applicable to PABs and PMDs);
- Maximum weight not exceeding 20kg;
- Maximum width not exceeding 70cm;
- Maximum motorised device speed of 25km/h (applicable to PMDs) or maximum motor-assistance speed of 25km/h (applicable to PABs);
- Must be UL2272-certified (applicable to motorised PMDs);
- Must comply with the EN15194 standard (applicable to PABs);
- Must be type approved by LTA (applicable to PABs)
- Maximum continuous rated power of 250W (applicable to PABs); and
- Must not have any start-up assistance / throttle feature (applicable to PABs).